I need a cover letter done, this is the position I am applying for. I have 4 years expiernce working with kids with special needs and well as general population. I am married and have daughter.
Position:Youth Services Specialist
Reports to: Youth Services Program Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week: 8 hour shifts to cover after office hours and weekends
You are free to terminate your employment with Women’s Center-Youth & Family Services at any time, with or without a reason, and Women’s Center-YFS has the right to terminate your employment or the employment of others at any time, with or without a reason. Although Women’s Center-YFS may choose to terminate employment for cause, cause is not required. This is called “at-will” employment.
Most employees at Women’s Center-YFS are funded by a variety of grants, governmental programs and endowment sources. Continued employment is contingent upon continued receipt of those funds.
Description: Provide guidance, training and mentoring to youth in day-to-day livings skills that include facilitation of classes and house meetings, meal preparation, laundry training, housekeeping skills and educational needs. Supervise youth at the residence, either Safe House or Opportunity House. Responsible for all shelter conditions including cleanliness, supply management and licensing regulations. Active participation at community events and meetings as required. Maintain a professional attitude with youth and co-workers, follow and enforce agency rules. Be an active and positive member of the case management team. Must be willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must support Women’s Center-YFS’s mission and philosophy; be dedicated to eliminating sexual assault and domestic violence and committed to the Center’s Guiding Principles. These principles are based on the fundamental values of both feminism and the social work profession, including the worth, dignity, and uniqueness of all persons as well as their rights and opportunities. The nature of the work of Women’s Center-YFS fosters conditions that promote these values.
- A.A. or Human Services Certificate preferred or equivalent work experience with youth ages 12 to 20.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of household skills
- Computer skills required.
- Must demonstrate ability and willingness to work with youth, community agencies, the youth services team and clinical staff.
- Skilled in organizing projects and workload.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Able to enforce and follow agency rules.
- Ability to deal with multiple, competing demands.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients.
- Experience in working with children, adolescents and families/adults.
- Sensitivity to issues concerningyouth homelessness, human trafficking, at risk youth, survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence, i.e., self-esteem, assertiveness, empowerment, violence prevention and victims’ rights.
- Must be able attend meetings.
- Must have ability to think globally, solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the cultures represented in San Joaquin County.
- Good inter-personal skills, ability to relate well with persons from a variety socioeconomic and cultural groups.
- Ability to lift supplies up to 25 lbs. to waist height.
- Must be able to ascend and descend up to three flights of stairs throughout the course of a normal workday.
- Fingerprint clearance required.
- Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Work closely with and is part of the Opportunity House and/or Safe House team.
- Work closely with and maintain ongoing dialogue with the Youth Services Program Manager and management team for shelter, staff and client needs.
- Supervise youth enrolled in the program.
- Facilitate house meetings and client classes.
- Organize and facilitate shelter activities and recreational opportunities.
- Guide, train and mentor youth in day-to-day living skills including:
- Meal planning and preparation
- House cleaning
- Management of personal funds
- Youth’s time management
- Document Shelter maintenance and supply needs. Notify Youth Services Program Manager or Case Manager of needs as necessary.
- Be familiar with and responsible for licensing regulations when working at Safe House.
- Responsible for shelter sanitary conditions. Must be willing to clean and organize supplies on a regular basis.
- Mandatory attendance at monthly staff training.
- As assigned, attend and participate in trainings and meetings.
- Be professional with youth and co-workers.
- Intake and assess youth for eligibility into the Safe House shelter.
- Communicate critical client needs/basic necessities needs to Case Manager and Program Manager.
- Responsible for inputting notes and daily logs in the local database for youth regarding their program.
- Participate in after care planning for Safe House youth.
- Enforce and follow program rules.
- Active and enthusiastic participant support in all agency services and programs.
- Participate and involve youth in all agency awareness month activities.
- Participate and help plan activities for the Homeless and Runaway Youth Awareness month.
- Organize shelter donations.
- Plan/organize major holiday festivities and Birthdays for youth clients.
- Responsible for encouraging positive environment in all departments.
- Paperwork and documentation completed in a timely manner as required.
- Must be reliable and consistent with attendance and punctuality to work.
- Represent Women’s Center-YFS in a professional manner.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures of Women’s Center-YFS.
- Must have an attitude of friendliness and be able to communicate with all levels within the Women’s Center-YFS.
- Maintain good working relationships with all Women’s Center-YFS Staff and Volunteers.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director.
Women’s Center-Youth and Family Services hires and promotes employees regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin or ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or physical handicap or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women’s Center-YFS is an equal opportunity employer. Women’s Center-YFS strives to be culturally competent, responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the cultural differences and similarities and the worth of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each person.