ASSIGNMENT 1: Basics of Strategic Planning
There are a number of well-known strategic planning models. To bring your team up to speed on the evolution of strategic planning itself, write a white paper of 1,200–1,500 words that addresses the following specific models of strategic planning:
- Michael Porter’s Five Forces
- Adrian Slywotzky’s Value Migration
- W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne’s Blue Ocean Strategy
Using the Web resources provided and any others that you find, address the following in your white paper:
- Discuss the premise underlying each of the three models of strategic planning and the advantages that each brings to the process.
- Discuss how to apply or implement strategic planning using each of the methods.
- Discuss the pros and cons of each strategic planning method.
Select 1 of the models, and respond to the following questions:
- What methods could be used to ensure continuous process improvement in the organization from a production and operations management perspective?
- From a business finance or accounting perspective, how would you analyze the business and measure the effectiveness of your strategy so that you can make the best decisions for the organization?
- As a leader, how would you help the organizational structure and culture adapt to the changes that would result from this strategy (e.g., how you would empower teams, resolve conflicts, and motivate employees to support the changes from this strategy)?
- From a marketing perspective, what effect will the strategy have on your marketing plan; product differentiation, positioning, life cycle, and portfolio; and Internet or retail marketing to your customers?
- What human resource management changes will be necessary because of the strategy? Address each of the functions of human resources, including staffing, training and development, performance management, compensation, and employee relations
ASSIGNMENT 2: Strategic Human Resources & Recruitment
Deliverable Length: 5–7 slides + title and reference slides; Speaker notes 200–250 words/slide
In your own words, develop a recruitment strategy for the warehouse associate position for SaharaOasis, which includes the use of the Internet. This information must be presented to the Vice President (VP) of Human Resources (HR) in a PowerPoint slide presentation for her review.
Using CTU Library resources and the course text and materials, research e-recruiting and create a presentation that addresses the following:
- Specifically, which e-recruiting media and methods would you recommend, and why?
- How would you use these methods to market the job to potential candidates? How will you differentiate and position the job in the job market?
- What legal considerations must be taken into account with Internet-based recruitment programs?
- In addition to e-recruiting, briefly discuss what other methods you would consider, and why.
- From a business finance/accounting perspective, how would you analyze and measure the effectiveness of your recruitment strategy? What economic conditions might be considered?
Provide a reference list at the end of your presentation of at least 5 CTU Library articles, and include in-text citations for the articles in APA format
ASSIGNMENT 3: Selection & Onboarding
Deliverable Length: Part 1: 750–1,000 words; Part 2: See assignment details
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
Additional Information: The warehouse personnel will benefit from a good onboarding program, which includes orientation training. The board of directors and vice president (VP) of human resources would like to review your plan for onboarding these new hires.
Using Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection resources, research employee orientation programs, and develop an executive summary for the management team that covers the following:
- Discuss the activities involved in an onboarding program for orientation.
- Describe the content of the onboarding program including the following topics
- Overview and introduction of the corporation and its industry.
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Policies Regarding Federal Regulations, Contracts, and Intellectual Property
- Organizational culture
- How would you determine the effectiveness of the onboarding program?
Provide a reference list at the end of your presentation of at least 5 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection articles, and include in-text citations for the articles in APA format.
Using Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection resources, please submit the following:
- A completed Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection Career Assessment
- The following 5 completed Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection Worksheets:
- A History of You
- Bio Builder
- Top 5 Influencers
- Build Experience
- Take A Taste
ASSIGNMENT 4: Thinking Strategically
Deliverable Length: 400–600 words
You plan to hold a weekly breakfast meeting with your team of strategic planners to practice how to conduct a SWOTT analysis. For the upcoming week’s breakfast meeting, you told your team that they should be prepared to conduct a SWOTT analysis of an organization in the consumer electronics industry.
Conduct a brief SWOTT analysis on any real organization in the consumer electronics industry. Provide a short introduction of the organization you chose, and describe the organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends.
- Strengths: The internal and external characteristics of a company that are stronger than its competitors.
- Weaknesses: The internal and external characteristics of a company that are weaker than its competitors.
- Opportunities: The issues internal and external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in a favorable way.
- Threats: The issues internal and external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in an unfavorable way.
- Trends: The internal and external patterns in the organization, market, or industry